July 2009 Minutes
TMHA Minutes – July 21/09
Call to order 6:50 PM Fire Dept.
No minutes or agenda to approve…..
Attending: Jim, Terri, Lynne, Darren, Lawrence, Lisa, Dave D,
1... Currently our registration fee is $370.00 for Novice & Up
Tim Bits $310.00
Girls Only $370.00
Tim Bit & Girls Only ice will be twice a week while all other divisions get 3 ice
times a week.
Lynne motioned to lower Tim Bit and Girls registration cost to $250.00 for the year to reflect the lesser ice time that they will be getting. John will take care of the rebate cheques for people that have already registered and paid the greater amount. 2nd by Darren M. All in favour - passed
2. Hockeyville: TMHA receives 173 tickets for the hockey players, out of these tickets there must be one adult chaperone drawn for every 15 players. Coaches & Executive will go in for the draw to be chaperones. Will do the draw as per the percentage of registered numbers per division from last year 08/09 registered players
3. Pre-Ice season: Starts the week of Sept 8th. Open ice to all Pee Wee, Bantam, and Midget for 2 sessions each before rep try outs start. 2nd sheet of ice to go in around Oct. 5th
Skeena Valley House League usually starts in October
4. Trophy Case: Measured wrong so plug does not fit for TV, still waiting to clear this up.
5. Policy’s: John S would like us to make a policy on the tournament fees that we pay out …he has sent one to Darren. Darren will issue to all and then we will look at and put a motion to accept at the next meeting
6. Denise Broughton has accepted the position of Director for Pictures/Sponsors
Darren: - Will look into our web site selling ads to make a profit
-Need to look into some solutions….running an online program through our site & getting someone to over look it….paying someone…..dividing into 3 positions or making a division head responsibility
Dave D: - Motion put forth by Terri for TMHA to purchase bar codes to code all of their equipment, 2nd by Cam All in favour - passed
Cam: -Sept 19th is the registrar & district meeting in Smithers
- Next years BC Hockey AGM will be in PGeorge
-Cam will see Jim for ice time for Refs in Sept & Jan
Lawrence: - Discussion that sponsor names for reps stay but that we will call all of our Rep Teams the Terrace Kermodei Reps! Coaches to use this when registering a team for tournaments
-Evaluation forms on last year coaches will be followed up on by Lawrence, Terri and Darren
-Lynne is to write a acknowledge letter that we received their evaluation from last year to all the persons who turned one in.
Meeting adjourned 10:00 PM