Call to order 3:00 PM Downstairs Fire Dept
Attending: Terri, Sherry, Denise, Lisa, Lawrence, Lynne, Dave D., Jim, John,
Dave: Equipment Manager:
· Rep & B teams: will start out year with stocked first aid kit, after that the team is responsible to re-stock and pay for their own items as they use them
· Dave will look into prices of pinnies that can be purchased and used for rep & b tryouts with numbers on the back. This will prevent trying to get jerseys back.
· Exec. Will look at once quotes come in.
· Jersey deposit: would like to raise jersey deposit to $100 with a post dated cheque given at time of registration. Exec. Agreed with this and will implement for 2010/11 season.
Jim: Ice Scheduler
· No report
· Working on Jan to March ice and should be done after Christmas
· Midget from last year had over the $1000.00 amount left in their account. Before executive could vote on what needed to be done, cheques were issued and cashed. Executive will write a letter to the Coach, Manager and Treasurer that they knew the policies and this should not have been done. Motion by John to write a letter of reprimand to 2008/09 Midget Rep Team 2nd by Lawrence - All in favour. John & Terri will write letter.
· As of 2010/11 season we will require the 2nd vice to have signing authority on all rep accounts, teams will have until April 31st to get their books done, and handed in. 2nd vice can then go in and close accounts so no more transactions can be done on it.
· Tournament fees will be changed. TMH tournaments are now charging $550.00 per house team. Rep & Development tournament fees will be more.
· Terri received times for a Midget house tournament. Times will be announced
Tammy: Clothing & tournament co-coordinator
· Evaluators gifts from choosing the rep and b teams to go out this week. Cards were sent around and signed by the executive. Lawrence to hand them out.
· Ordered medals for all tournaments from Novice to Bantam
· Discussion on all rep teams having the same jackets from Pee Wee to Midget and then adding the date bar to them of the year that they play rep. Motion by Mike for Rep teams to have the same jacket from Pee Wee through to Midget starting from 2010/11 year. 2nd by Lawrence – All in favor
· Another ref clinic is not allowed. Cam is allowed to go evaluate ref & watch him re-write his test to re-certify for after Dec. 31st. This would be up to the player and parent to organize.
· We will look at having a ref clinic next year in September before teams are made and start to travel.
· We are up in numbers by about 30 players from last year
Lawrence: Head Coach
· Hybrid course was cancelled due to not enough registrations
· System through bc hockey to register on line is very user unfriendly
· Manuals that were handed out last year did not all come back. Lawrence will re-order the ones that we are short.
· Evaluations concerns came forward. Discussion on separating rep/b again.
· Must have a parent/player meeting before the players even steps on the ice to let them know the process.
· After 2 ice times a committee of the evaluators, 2nd vice, head coach and coach must meet before any cuts are made.
· Discussion to bring in a private company to run rep tryouts where you pay $150 for your child to tryout and the company picks and hands TMH the rep team.
· We will try to fine tune TMH doing the tryouts ourselves for one more season. If there are still complaints we will go to a private organization to do the rep tryouts and families will pay $150 or more themselves for the tryout.
Terri: 2nd Vice:
· Midget house went to Kitimat for a house game and had some reffing issues. Terri will write a letter and get to Lynne.
Sherri: Risk Management:
· All Criminal record checks are out and being received
· Team first contracts – signed
· Sherri says that Criminal record checks are to be done every year
· Officials criminal record checks every 3 years
· Board decided to have the parents pay for their own memory mates this year
· Slips will go to the division heads to let them know this.
· Pictures Wed. Nov 18th
· One will be booked for Jan as we need 2 weeks notice and put in paper, beginning to get too busy with Christmas. Lisa will find a date & get in paper.
Letter to Board:
· Hazelton is asking for half of the ice cost to host the zone play downs for the Northern winter games. Board decided not to do this as we have not done so before, and last year when we hosted it we covered the whole cost